|What IS Emotional Intelligence anyway?
And why should you care whether you have it or not?
Emotional Intelligence helps people answer 6 key questions that are fundamental to your life and happiness:
1. What am I feeling right now?
2. What outcome do I want in this situation?
3. What can I do now to create the outcome I desire?
4. How can I get back on a course that will bring satisfaction and success?
5. How can I handle difficult situations with calm and maintain equanimity?
6. How can I learn to gracefully cope with an ever-changing environment?
Compassionate people ask themselves these 6 questions regularly. They use them to connect with the world compassionately.
How about you? Do you have a strong “inner GPS” of Emotional Intelligence that helps you to navigate the world of emotions in yourself — and to connect to others with empathy and compassion?
We can help you find out.
In our upcoming online course, Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World, you will learn more about how to:
* identify your feelings
* increase your well-being
* enhance your relationships
* build your capacity to be empathetic and compassionate.
How many words do you have to describe your emotions? (Hint: There are over 3,000 words to describe feelings in the English language!). Next time, we’ll give you an exercise to identify how you describe and label your emotions.
Charter for Compassion Education Institute