Who We Are
TEACHING FOR WISDOM is a Resource and Training Hub for Teachers of Children and Adults who want to make a difference in the empathy and compassion component in All Children. By Teachers we mean those in the classroom and those who are parents, grandparents, religious educators, aunts, uncles, and all good people who care about the welfare of all our children and the welfare of Mother Earth. I will begin Introduction to resources available such as: Green Circle: Empathy Building Process in Elementary Schools, New Games: The Teaching of Cooperative Games; ChildSpirit Wisdom Institute: The Teaching FOR Wisdom. and general curriculum ideas for Parenting for Peace and Justice i.e. Spirituality, Religions, and Peace Education.This is a place for HOPE and ENCOURAGEMENT. We ALL can be the change the world needs us to be.
ABOUT CHILDSPIRIT WISDOM INSTITUTE: CSWI is a Place dedicated to changing the internal and external lives of children. Recognizing that human reason, wisdom, spirit, and body are one, we are dedicated to understanding, appreciating, nurturing, and teaching for the diverse wisdom, spirituality, and compassion of all children. We are dedicated to changing the family, community, national, and international dinner and table conversation and priorities surrounding the internal and external needs and lives of children.
It is our intent to network with concerned people who are dedicated to supporting the spiritual and wisdom lives of children living in a diverse world. Our collective work will make our world a safer and more compassionate one to live in for all children. We are families, parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians, mental health professionals, religious leaders, researchers, and others who share the human values of believing, belonging, contributing, and transcending.
CSWI Imagines to:
- Provide the necessary secular and interreligious training resources, compassionate tools and practices, community building, educational research and consulting services to change, move and transform the conventional wisdom and understandings of human differences in our traditional institutions, both public, secular, private and religious.
- Create as well as cooperate with on-going national and international spiritual-reason-wisdom programs and processes that enhance sectarian and interreligious understanding in our families, neighborhoods, communities, schools of learning, and religious and non-religious institutions.
- Connect the human spiritual and wisdom experience with both science and the ancient storytelling that educates caring for the environment.
- Create Inter-generational Trust conversations between, and among religious faith traditions, and with scientific explorers.
- Create and build on existing bibliographies and libraries of interreligious, and secular resources for children and adults that will be conducive to supporting the religious, spiritual, scientific and wisdom lives of children.
- Invite and conduct innovative empirical research, papers, and publications dedicated to the internal and external life of children and the people who care for and about them.
- Support the writing or re-writing of traditional children wisdom texts and other sources of wisdom for the purpose of inclusion to all members of the human family.
Body Wisdom Schools
- Inter-Spiritual Meditation for Children, Yoga and Tai Chi practices for Children
- Centering Prayer and Sacred Walking for Children
- New Games- An Intergenerational Play Experience that teaches the values of competition and cooperation.
- Capacitar—An active and interactive trauma healing process developed for children and adults.
The Creation of Non-violence and Reconciliation Centers:
- Training in Green Circle: An Empathy Building Processes for the elementary school age children that is proven to work in the classroom as well as youth programs and camps.
- Training in Non-violence, Peacemaking, and Circle Practice: Articulating for diverse communities the contemporary, and clear guiding principles and practices of Conflict Transformation, Strategic Peacebuilding, and Restorative Justice Processes.
- Bibliography and Sacred texts availability: Sacred texts, bibliographies, and curriculums supporting peace between groups, non-violence; gender equity will be made available.
- Inclusive Feminism and ecology will be intentionally used and shared in our work. The ancient process of rabbinic midrashing will be re-introduced to both children and adults.
Creation of Sacred Arts Centers
- Icon making, and Text Illuminating for all sacred texts
- Sacred Dance, Music, Midrash and Theatre Presentations
- The Traditional Art of Japanese, Chinese and Korean Tea Ceremony for Children
Bibliography and Library Resource Development
CSWI seeks Assistance in creating relationships within local secular, scientific, religious libraries and study centers to develop:
- Speaker and Consultant Development for Transforming Children’s Secular, Wisdom, Religious and Spiritual Education that honors and empowers all forms of conversations between diverse groups.
- Development of a Transformational Educational Speaker Bureau for children and adults that will enhance human understanding and appreciation of the common search of the spiritual and religious wisdom and values in children and adults.
- CSWI’S Organization: It is our intent to network with concerned people who are dedicated to supporting the spiritual and wisdom lives of children living in a diverse world. Our collective work will make our world a safer and more compassionate one to live in for all children. We are families, parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians, mental health professionals, religious leaders, researchers, and others who share the human values of believing, belonging, contributing, and transcending.
How you can Support CSWI :
- Giving of your services as a wise leader in your traditional Wisdom Community.
- Sharing names of people in your community that would be interested is assisting in our vision
- Volunteering or staffing our events and endeavors
- Publishing/Advertising our services in local newsletters and bulletins
- Setting up gatherings of people who may be interested in our projects and vision
- Providing space for our vision projects to take place
- Supporting a specific project or entire project with a monetary contribution.
Dr. Cynthia W. Yoshitomi,
Founder and Animator for both ChildSpirit Wisdom Institute and Teaching for Wisdom.